Little Mashies Reusable Food Pouches are ideal for for baby food, smoothies, chia puddings and yoghurt. They are a convenient way to provide your child with nutritious foods while reducing your waste and saving money.
Great on the go, easy to clean and versatile - what more could you want!
We're thrilled to now be stocking the Little Mashies Pouches in purple, green and orange.
How To Use Little Mashies Reusable Food Pouches
The Little Mashies Reusable Food Pouches are so easy to use there is little instruction required. But if you're new to reusable squeezies, here is a guide on how to use them.
Filling your Little Mashies Food Pouches
- Step 1 - Ensure the lid of the Little Mashies food pouches is on and closed before opening the bottom ziplock closure. Spoon or pour your puree mix into the pouch until it fills to the guide line. You can use a funnel for thicker purees if easier.
- Step 2 - Close the ziplock by pressing it together with your fingers. Now offer it to your child to enjoy!
Keeping food in Little Mashies Food Pouches
- You can store filled Little Mashies Reusable Food Pouches in the fridge - time dependant on the food you've used.
- You can also freeze the food pouches. To defrost, simply run them under warm water or place into a bowl of lukewarm water.
Cleaning your Little Mashies Reusable Food Pouches
- Step 1 - Open the ziplock and undo the lid. Turn on the tap and run water through the pouch.
- Step 2 - Put in washing liquid and use a bottle brush to clean.
- Step 3 - To dry, with the ziplock open and cap off place a large spoon or spatula inside the pouch. Sit it in a glass on the window sill overnight to allow for airflow.
Note: The food pouches can be placed in the dishwasher to clean, however, this will reduce their lifespan and hand washing is recommended.
Storing your Little Mashies Food Pouches
Little Mashies Reusable Food Pouches should only be stored when completely dried and in a dry cupboard or draw.
We recommend you keep the cap on for safe keeping, but leave the zip lock open.
Nutritious Food Ideas For Little Mashies Food Pouches
You'll find lots of ideas for the reusable squeezie pouches on the Little Mashies website. Whole Body Health and Wellness' Kids nutritionist, Sarah Appleford shares a couple of recipes she loves for the food pouches.
Apple + Spinach Puree - Great first food 6mths+
3 medium apples, peeled and cored
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of ground ginger
2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Chop the apples into 2 cm cubes.
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, place apples, water cinnamon and ginger. Cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from heat.
- Add the spinach and keep cover for 2 minutes.
- Pour the apple spinach mix into a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Allow to cool before transferring to the pouches, bowl or containers to store for later.
Super Green Smoothie - Ideal for toddlers and fussy eaters
1/2 cup milk of choice
1 small banana
1/4 cup frozen mango pieces
1 cup baby spinach or kale
1 tbsp rolled oats
1 tbsp nut or seed butter
Pinch of cinnamon
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. If too thick, add some more milk.
- Fill your pouch or serve in your desired cup or glass.
Strawberry Chia Pudding - Filling breakfast or snack (great for constipation)
2 cups of nut, oat or coconut milk (coconut milk from a container verses a can)
1 cup of strawberries
1/2 tsp vanilla paste
1/2 tsp cinnamon
6 tbsp chia seeds
- Place the milk, strawberries, vanilla and cinnamon in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a jar, combine the chia seeds and milk, strawberry mix. Stir well so there are no lumps.
- Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before giving another stir or shake.
- Pour into the pouches and leave in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight. If too runny, add more chia seeds and leave for longer. If too thick, add a little water and stir well.