Give the gift of peace and quiet this Mother's Day by running your mum a relaxing bath. This DIY Relaxing Bath Soak is designed to nourish and replenish the nervous system, muscles and joints. It's the homemade gift your mum will love!
Baths are often considered indulgent, especially for busy mums and carers. With a never-ending list of jobs, work deadlines, mouths to feed and kids to entertain, taking time out to relax in a bath is optimistic in a mum's hectic daily schedule.
Spoiling your mum this Mother's Day doesn't need to involve grand gestures. The simple act of making a Relaxing Bath Soak, turning on the tap, lighting some candles and shutting the door may be just what she needs! (Don't forget to remove all the kid's bath toys and dirty clothes!)
DIY Relaxing Bath Soak For Mother's Day
This recipe is so simple to make and great for the kids to get involved. You can find most of the ingredients in our refillary allowing you to purchase just enough for your Mother's Day gift.
What you'll need
- Relaxing Bath Soak ingredients
- Glass container or mason jars
- A large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Printable labels or gift tag
- 2 cups Natural Epsom Salt Bath Flakes
- 2 cups Magnesium Bath Flakes
- 2 cups Dead Sea Salt or pink Himalayan sea salt
- 60 drops ECO. Modern Essentials - Dream Drops Essential Oil Blend (of essential oils of choice)
- 1/2 cup dried lavender flowers or rose petals, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Epsom salts, Magnesium Flakes and sea salt.
- Add the drops of essential oils and stir well to ensure it is evenly incorporated.
- If using dried lavender or rose petals, add now and toss to combine.
- Divide the mixture into the jars or containers.
- Print a label or write a gift tag with ingredients and instructions for use.
How to use the Relaxing Bath Soak
The Relaxing Bath Soak can be used for a nourishing bath. However, if your mums chaotic schedule doesn't allow time for a relaxing bath, a food soak will also be beneficial and greatly appreciated.
For a bath: Dissolve 1-2 cups into a warm bath. Soak for a minimum of 30 minutes (with the door to the chaos closed, of course!)
For a foot soak: Dissolve ½ cup in warm water. Soak feet in the tub for 20 plus minutes.
Best stored in an air tight jar. As salt absorbs the air, you may find the Bath Soak hardens. Simply gift it a stir with a fork before using.