We love easy, natural DIY cleaning recipes that work!
Most commercial cleaning products are filled with toxic ingredients that can be damaging to your family's health and the planet.
Making your own natural cleaning products is so easy, affordable and you can enjoy the comfort of knowing the ingredients are safe for your family.
Here we share 5 DIY kitchen cleaning recipes you can make today with just a few ingredients. And yes, they really work!
5 DIY Kitchen Cleaning Recipes That Work
Did you know we stock many ingredients and tools you need for a healthy, clean home at Whole Store? Browse our online shop or pop in store and we can help you create your natural cleaning supplies.
As with any cleaning product, remember to spot test on your surfaces before use.
All purpose natural cleaner
- A spray bottle
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup natural dishwashing detergent
- 4 drops of essential oil of your choice
- In a spray bottle, combine all the ingredients.
- Shake well before use.
Natural stainless steel cleaning scrub
- 150g bicarb soda
- 10g cream of tartar
- 30g natural dishwashing detergent
- 3 drops of essential oil of your choice
- White Vinegar in spray bottle (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the ingredients expect white vinegar until you've achieved a paste consistency.
- Rub the paste onto the dirty surface such as the kitchen sink. Leave for a couple of minutes.
- Optional - spray with white vinegar to help lift the dirt from the surface.
- Wipe clean with a soft, damp cloth or scrub gently with a dish brush if needed.
Natural Stovetop Cleaner
- 1/4 cup bicarb soda
- 3/4 cup water
- Wipe down you stove top so that it is damp.
- Spread the bicarb soda over your stove top for an even coverage. Add some more in the really dirty spots.
- Allow to sit for 20-30minutes before scrubbing with a dishcloth.
- Wipe clean with a damp, soft cloth.
Natural microwave cleaner
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Bicarb soda and natural dishwashing detergent (optional)
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine all ingredients expect the bicarb soda.
- Place the bowl into your microwave and heat on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove the bowl and while steaming, use a damp cloth to wipe the inside surfaces.
- For stubborn areas, combine the bicarb and natural liquid detergent into a paste and gently scrub with a soft cloth.
Natural fruit and vegetable wash
- Spray bottle
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a spray bottle, combine all ingredients.
- Place your fruit and vegetables into a colander or sink. Spray liberally with the mixture.
- Allow to sit for 2-5 minutes.
- Scrub thick-skinned produce using a bamboo vegetable brush. Rinse all produce well under cool water.
- Allow to dry or pat dry using a tea towel or spot cloth. Use now or store for later.